- Our roads are fearfully bad at present.
- South Whitley can boast of as good an orchestra as the country can produce anywhere.
- J. K. Combs and Co., are having the brick hauled for their new store room.
- Joe Shannep is in the telegraph office in this place. Joe is bound to be a thunder and lightning man.
- Myron Cleveland occupies the residence of Mrs. Bitner, and has gone to keeping house and butchering in earnest.
- The concert which was to be held at Colamer on last Saturday evening has been indefinitely postponed on account of the bad weather.
- A daughter of Marcus Norris has been quite ill with pleuro pneumonia, but I understand is now convalescent.
- Dr. Hitchcock preached Mrs. Grafton's funeral, and since writing the notice of her death I learn that she was 27 years of age at the time of her death, and that she was born in England.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
South Whitley Items (1874)
The Whitley County Commercial ~ February 26, 1874