Columbia City News ~ Thursday April 14, 1859
At the recent election for Township officers, the following gentlemen were selected Trustees.
- Cleveland Tp., John Sickafoose.
- Richland, Robert A. Jellison.
- Troy, Robert J. Elliott.
- Washington, William E. Merriman.
- Columbia, John North, Sen.
- Thorncreek, Timothy Brown.
- Jefferson, David A. Quick.
- Union, Isaac N. Briggs.
- Smith, Jacob Nickey.
The following Justices of the Peace have been elected.
- Cleveland Tp., Henry Funk.
- Thorncreek, Solomon Summers.
- Thorncreek, William Roly.
- Jefferson, Chancey Hadley.
John Edginton was elected Constable for Columbia Tp., on the first Monday, and has qualified. From what we know of Mr. Edgington, he will make a good officer. Our old friend Nathan Head retires, - he made an excellent officer.