- W. H. Swan’s new barn is ready for use.
- Peter Nix’s barn will soon be completed.
- Dr. Ihrig of Syracuse, was in our village last week.
- Peter Bear was seen on our streets last week. He looks natural.
- Benton Ihrig has built a new side-walk in front of his residence.
- G. F. Livensparger has purchased a new $23 clarionet.
- Win Metzler has erected a new wire fence in front of his house.
- Dyer & Hasty are now engaged in the manufacture of hoops in this place.
- The string band tunes up occasionally. Go in boys, you are doing well.
- Quite a number of cords of wood were consumed by fire the other night at Hall’s tile kiln.
- Mrs. Ihrig’s funeral took place on the 18th inst. She was 81 years old. Funeral services were conducted by Rev. Lambert.
- Some very flowry speeches were made at the school meeting last week. Rather loud accusations were made to start out with.
- Enos Penn delivered an interesting lecture at the Brandenburg school house a short time ago. His subject was phrenology, which he handled with great ability. He bids fair to become one of the leading lecturers of the north-west.
- The young gent that went to Kosciusko county had an enjoyable trip; especially coming home. Love, pleasure and business make a very pleasant combination.
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Forest Items - May 26, 1881
Columbia City Commercial Mail ~ Thursday, May 26, 1881