Monday, March 3, 2008

Val Worden Writes From San Antonio (1917)

Columbia City Post ~ Saturday, September 22, 1917

Vallorous Worden, son of Henry Worden, of Coesse, who is now in the aviation corps, is planning to take a course of special instruction preparatory to being commissioned in the aerial service. He is located at San Antonio, Texas, and in a recent letter writes as follows:

"We have had a couple old Indiana rains and consequently it is not nearly so dusty here as formerly. I like it better all the time and I can truthfully say that I have never felt better in my life. The days are rather warm but the nights are positively great. I am really desirous of taking my training here although there is a possibility of our being sent to Dayton, Ohio, or some other place."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Comment Moderation is turned on so your comment will not display immediately. If you are a spammer, your comment will never see the light of day!