Saturday, February 17, 2007

Whitley County Kinexxions

On January 12th of this year I created my kinexxions blog with the intent of including information about Whitley County people, places and events as well as information on the families that I am researching. After tossing it around for a while I've decided to use kinexxions as a personal research log and for posting 'family' information. Thus, this new blog, Whitley County Kinexxions is born. Contributions are welcomed. If you have news clippings or other information that you would like to share I'd be more than happy to post them here. There is the possibility that in the future this blog may be opened to other 'authors' who can contribute Whitley County information to it as well. If you are interested, let me know.

The newspaper transcriptions that will be posted here are not intended to be comprehensive for any specific time period. They are mostly items that I found interesting, usually while looking for information on my ancestors. It's extremely easy to get 'lost' or sidetracked when researching in newspapers, but it is so interesting to get a glimpse into the life and times of my ancestors, even if the articles don't specifically 'relate' to them. Some of these transcriptions have been contributed to Whitley County Roots, which is the quarterly publication of the Genealogical Society of Whitley County. Since distribution of that publication is limited to members and local libraries, my goal is to try to get this information out to a somewhat wider audience.

I hope that you will enjoy the information that will be posted here. If you find something especially interesting or something that provides a clue to the families you are researching, please leave a comment to let me know. Your feedback will be appreciated, and as stated above, if you'd like to be a contributor, please contact me (rrwiseman - at - gmail.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated. Comment Moderation is turned on so your comment will not display immediately. If you are a spammer, your comment will never see the light of day!