- John Raupfer has accepted a position at the Rossman & Wunderlich hardware store.
- Levi E. Plattner, of Cleveland township, father of County Clerk Otis Plattner, is suffering from rheumatism and kidney trouble.
- The Tuttle flouring mills have purchased a Ford truck of the H. M. Miller agency.
- Surprised Their Husbands. Mr. and Mrs. Joe Huff, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Bollinger, Mrs. George Leininger, Mrs. Ed Binder and Miss Hilda Grund motored to Kokomo Wednesday morning leaving this city after the Knights Templar had departed. Upon arriving in Kokomo the party joined Mr. Binder, Leininger and Compton and the day was spent in a delightful manner. The ladies went to Kokomo without having informed their husbands of their intentions and they were taken by surprise.
- The infant son of Mr. and Mrs. A. L. Nix, of Washington township, is suffering with cholera infantum Dr. White is attending the child.
- Mrs. Sarah Hively, formerly of this place, who lives with her son, Albert, at Upland, is visiting friends in the vicinity of Laud.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Local News (1917)
Columbia City Post ~ Saturday, May 12, 1917